People want to earn more. This is a completely natural and understandable desire. Financial motivation is really important in building your life and plans for the future. In addition, the situation may change as a whole: for example, the salary you had for a while and was satisfied with may not be enough if you decide to have a baby or buy a new car.
Options of earning more without changing career
What to do if you want to earn more money? If you love your profession and you have to change it only because it is not paid enough, there are a few options. What are they?
- For a start, you can look for an additional source of income. If there are savings, they can be invested in securities or engaged in trading. The main thing is not to take rash steps and study the issue in detail. Carefully study the topic before making investment decisions.
- Another option is to try to achieve a salary increase. When talking with superiors, it is important to reinforce the request for a pay increase with actual achievements in the workplace. Make them see that they do not want to lose such a useful employee.
- In a number of areas, a monetary increase will be providedin case the worker has a degree. Specialists who have studied abroad are highly appreciated: if there is an opportunity for a year to pause your career and get an MBA, you can count on a higher income upon returning to work. Besides, this year will give you a recharge and you meet many useful people.
- In case you need extra money at the moment, you can borrow some money from a reliable lending company.
Consider these choices if they are optional in your case. If you understand that making more money is possible only if you change career or you simply don’t like your job, evaluate other opportunities.
How to understand that it’s time to change career?
Specialists identify very specific symptoms that the old job is no longer suitable for you. Here is the list of the main ones:
- during work, you constantly feel bored;
- you do not want to read special literature;
- it seems to you that in this area you have already achieved everything possible and there is nowhere to move on;
- you are not satisfied with your salary;
- you too often find yourself thinking at work about abstract things;
- your health is deteriorating (in severe cases, neurosis and panic attacks occur);
- you don’t want to go to work to the point where you want to cry.
Of course, these feelings can be caused by severe fatigue. Therefore, before you quit your job, try an experiment – go on a long-term vacation, creating all the conditions for yourself to have a good rest.In addition, pay attention to the relationship with colleagues and superiors – perhaps the problem is not in the profession as a whole, but in your place of work. And only if, after resting and changing the team, your condition did not normalize, it is worth moving on to the next stage.
Decide on a new profession and go for it!
For some, this part of the journey may seem the easiest – at last there is an opportunity to realize their childhood dreams, find application for hidden talents, turn their favorite hobby into a matter of life. Butfor many, the question “where to go?” seems like an insurmountable obstacle. Then, in search of a new calling, a career counseling specialist can help.
In 60% of cases, people already have a certain topic or area that interests them. Then they should only specify the desire. In the remaining 40%, people will learn something fundamentally new with the help of a specialist.
The main goal of the vocational guidance technique is to identify which profession is suitable for this particular person. To do this, there are many different polls and tests.
Before you go to a specialist, it is important to do “homework”. To do this, ask yourself a few questions: “Where and when did I feel happy, realized?” Take a “tour” of childhood and youthful memories: “Where did I have the feeling that I want to experience now during work? And why did I ever give up on this?” Find your path in life. Feel satisfied and earn enough.